Wednesday 26 June 2013

Beware scam


It seems it's not just metal detectorists and coin collectors who find writing proper English a challenge. I just got this:
Please view the document i uploaded for you using Google docs. CLICK HERE just sign in with your email to view the document its very important. Thank you. [curiously unsigned]
Unfortunately for the scammers, they'd hacked into the account of a lady who I mainly knew as a pretty thorough editor of archaeological texts (including some of mine in the past). I imagine she'd have capitalised "I" and put in at least one comma. Sure enough, it's a scam, I have little doubt there is no document revealing the 'dirt' about the PAS or one of my least favourite metal detectorists or whatever. If you get one of these from someone you know, especially from similar circles to mine, beware. [note, there are textual variants of the 'lure' message, including some properly spelt and punctuated - not all identity thieves are dumb and uneducated it seems].

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.